Friday 3 January 2014

Christmas Catch Up


I pretty much gave the computer a wide birth over Christmas, it wasn't intentional just got caught up in other things I guess. So here is a quick round up of what I got up to.
Christmas Pudding Dash, a 5 mile run around an estate in Battle. 5 miles is the furthest I've run to date so I was a bit nervous. It didn't help that there was constant rain, mud and winds but I did it. I was so proud of myself, i may have been slow and steady, but I finished and that's the main thing surely. My time was 1 hour and 1 min, and I got a Christmas pud, medal and soaked to the bone for my trouble, half marathon next...


I revamped an old cookbook stand that I bought at a boot sale for 50p about 5 years ago. 3 coats of enamel paint later, I'm really chuffed with how it's come out, can't believe I didn't do it sooner.


Freestyled some legwarmers, well I only did one in the end. I loved how the pattern panned out though. I may well do the other one soon, but I got distracted by Mr. Fox (more on him another time).


Finally managed to chalkboard paint my larder unit. Not as easy as you may think with a curious white cat trying to stick her nose into everything so it did take a few days, thankfully we are pleased with it, just need some chalk now!

Other than that my break was filled with food, films and friends. What more could you ask for?

Hope you had a great Christmas, even though it seems an age ago already.

No comments:

Post a Comment