Monday 27 January 2014

Sugar Roses

I don't know if I've mentioned but I am planning to make my own wedding cake. They just seem so expensive and putting the word wedding in front of anything seems to bump up the price ten fold, so I though I would give it a bash. 

We had decided on a traditional fruit cake as this is on of our favourites, it can also be baked months in advance so that would take some of the pressure off. But I still wanted it to look a bit fancy so on Saturday I attended a cake decorating class with my mum and aunt to learn how to make sugar roses.


We started with a tear drop of icing and just started adding petals.


They shape up quite quick,


It can be fiddly and you have to remember to do things in the right order,





I was super pleased with how they came out, a little direction goes a long way.


Also had a quick bash at buttercream roses, they are crazy easy when you know how and have the right tools.


What do you think? Not bad for a first attempt.

We took the class at Dee's Creative Cakes she does do scheduled classed, but you can also book in for a private class if there is something specific you want to do, like we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment