Monday 13 January 2014

Treat Day!


This is me and my man getting a little over excited about our treat day milkshakes.

Part of a pact we have made for 2014 to help get us into shape is to cut out the take aways and to treat ourselves to 1 treat day a week. Thankfully this weeks treat day fell on my besties birthday, so we headed out to the local American Diner, The Pelican for dinner. It's a lovely little restaurant filled with retro furniture, and American themed food, (They do the best breakfast pancakes). We both went for the deluxe burgers made with homemade patties, cheese and bacon. Accompanied with the above milkshakes and a side of rosemary fries, which are amazing. One of our group even wanted another bowl for afters they are that good.

After we had all had our fill, we headed off to the FILO pub (First in Last Out) for birthday drinks and festivities.

So far we are doing very well with our, 1 treat day and look forward all week to the feasts we plan for the Saturday, I know its only been a week but hopefully the promise of super tasty, naughty food at the end of the week will help us suffer through the healthy, vegtastic week days. Not that the healthy food is horrible, just that we both have a fairly sweet tooth and are quite week willed when it comes to a junk food binge.

I did however fail miserably on one of my other goals for this year, to take more pictures. I took our little camera out with us, and left it in my bag the whole night. Even the above was sent to me by a friend. So I really must try harder with this one and get over my hang ups of whipping out my camera in public. 

No comments:

Post a Comment