Tuesday 26 November 2013

Wot Up Blood?

Yesterday I did a good deed, I gave blood. 
This is only the second time I've ever given blood, the first time was in February of this year, but it is definitely something I'd like to continue doing. They do ask you some very odd questions in the form you have to fill out though. Well not odd as such, just things I'm not sure you would admit to even if they were true. For example, have you been given money or drugs for sex? or have you had sex sex with a man who has ever had oral or anal sex with another man, with or without a condom? I can happily and honestly answer no to both, but I'd be interested to know if anyone answers yes. 


They gave me a little keyring this time with my blood type on, which was nice. I'm quite pleased with my blood type, I know that sounds odd but to me it serves as a little mantra as well as a blood type ''B Positve''. Nice little reminder everytime I get my donation letter through.

Do you give blood? You should if you can, I think it's a great thing to do, doesn't cost you anything apart from time, and in exchange you get snacks (crisps and biscuits), drinks and the warm fuzzies that you may be helping to save a life. It doesn't hurt, promise. Although I did yelp a little when they ripped of the tape holding the needle steady, but I can take it, I is 'ard init.

If you fancy giving it a go have a look at www.blood.co.uk it will tell you what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment