Sunday 10 November 2013

Hastings Museum


 Today we decided to visit our local museum. I've lived in this town my whole life and I don't ever remember going, I'm sure I did when I was small but I just don't remember. It's such a cute building and as entry is free it's nice to go visit when you are at a loose end I just haven't done until now.


Most of the exhibitions cover our local history as you would expect, mods and rockers, local landmarks, 1066 and all that jazz. 

But for me the most spectacular part of the museum is when you stumble upon the Thomas Brassy exhibition, a large room two floors high full of the most beautiful carvings, the walls doors and ceilings were all completely covered in these beautiful carvings. I could have spent hours just looking at all the intricate details. Definitely worth a second visit at some point.


Most of my pictures didn't come out that great as it's quite dark, so this is just a taster. I believe you can also get married in this room which would be a beautiful setting for your special day.


There are so many other little things to look at as you go around this compact little museum. We only stayed for around half an hour but I could imagine whiling away hours if the mood took you.

Do you have a local museum, have you been? 

No comments:

Post a Comment