Monday 25 November 2013

Collecting ''THE'' Dress

So Saturday I got up quite early, was picked up by my Ma and Pa and driven the hour it takes to get to the Wedding Dress shop that I used in Uckfield. I know that's quite a trek but it was the closest shop that had the dress I had fallen in love with online. (I didn't end up with that particular dress in the end as when I put it on it looked hideous, made me look really square like I was made out of duplo!)

I had received the call in the week that my dress was ready for collection. It's really real now, I think that was the moment when I realised this was really happening. When you book venues, caterers, photographers etc you don't really get something weddingy to hold that's yours, it's just a date in the calender. An amazing bejewelled princess dress, for the most extravagant day of my life is. I can touch it, try it on swoop around in it, but not too much, I don't want to ruin it before the big day. It is still yet to be altered to my particular specifications, and will have to live with my parents, but I can go visit anytime I want.

Obviously I'm not going to put a picture up, I want to save the big reveal for the day, but I was just wondering am I the only one who felt like this. Are you married/getting married, when did it seem really real to you?

I can really picture myself wearing it afterwards as well, on those nights when I get an evening in by myself in front of the T.V. big fancy dress on twirling around the living room....just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment