Friday 16 May 2014

Keeping Tabs


On a whim whilst in TK Maxx I bought these little note books, I'm not sure why if I'm honest I was just really feeling drawn to them at the time. They are little leather bound books, each with a different theme and alphabetised tabs to make notes. I love the idea of making notes for different aspects of your life, a way to remember the important things.

But I'm ashamed to say that now I have them I'm a bit apprehensive to actually write in them. I don't want to ruin them, that's really silly isn't it. 
No point having them if I'm not going to use them, so I'm sure I'll get over it and put them to good use soon enough, especially the wedding one.


It made me think about all the other thing's I've bought just because they were pretty, and never used. Like  soap, milk jug or a fancy candle. I even have a whole tea set that's never been used, in my defence it was only £2 from a boot sale and it is orange. It seems quite sad that these things just sit looking pretty, I really should make a point of using these things, if only to prove their worth, we don't really have the space for frivolous items at the moment.  

So maybe now is the time for a huge spring overhaul, a use it or lose it type cleanse, maybe I'm brave enough? Or am I just too sentimental, I'll probably just fill the loft and kid myself that these pretty unused things will find a purpose when we move... 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment