Thursday 8 May 2014

Boy Jumper

I have been knitting this jumper for my love for what seems like months, and to be fair it probably has been.

He had better wear it!


The last month or so I have been slowly getting through the sleeves, both at the same time but usually only 6 rows in a sitting so I don't lose my place in the pattern. Although the colour is dark, and the pattern simple those sleeves have helped me pull my shizknit together. I got a little overwhelmed recently and everything seemed to be getting on top of me. You know that feeling you get when it's 2 steps forward and 1 back, I was feeling like I had to get so much done and was drowning in self inflicted lists and projects. So I made a conscious decision to stop, just stop. So I put down all other hobbies, fledgeling and established and focused on those sleeves.

Best thing ever, not only did it mean that I actually got to finish one of my biggest knitting projects to date. It also meant I could give my poor frazzled brain a rest. Now I am ready to get back on it, I am just going to be aware to tackle one thing at a time, and not let it all get on top of me again. Do you ever feel like you take on too much?


Think I got a bit carried away on the sleeves...

No comments:

Post a Comment