Monday 28 October 2013

Zombie Weekend


Not really for Halloween, just incidental but this weekend has been a bit of a zombie fest for Adam and me.
Saturday we had a Walking Dead Season 4 catch up, soo good love Walking Dead. Then we watched World War Z, I'm in the process of reading the book but it's taking a while because I'm a wuss and can't handle reading it at bedtime. I know the movie had mixed reviews but we both thought it was great.

Then on Sunday we did the Zombie Evacuation run with my bezzie mate Sarah. It's a 5k obstacle run with a few zombies thrown in the mix, but due to the bad weather I think some of the obstacles had to be adapted. (I left me phone at home so Sarah took the pictures, hence why she is in the middle.)


Luckily you can't see in the picture but I had to write my bib number on my forehead with a sharpie, thankfully it didn't take too much scrubbing to come off.

We were given these belts with 3 velcro tags on, they represented our lives, bit like in a video game I guess, if all 3 were taken by the zombies we were classed as "Infected", which happened to us all, I was the last of us to lose all 3, right near the end as well, typical.


Because of all the rain over the past couple of days the course was pretty much just mud, and we were in the last group so it really was quite churned up, but on the plus side the rain held off until we finished, and a lot of the zombies were quite weary by that point. They still did a great job, I think I am right in saying that they were all volunteers too. All were superbly made up, there was a ballerina, police, and a clown to name a few, some were fast and would chase you, others were slow and moany. One in particular made me scream, she was dressed as a police woman and hiding in a ditch, so as I jumped over the ditch she jumped out, freaked me right out and many others behind me.


At the finish we all got a dog tag and a t-shirt, it was great fun and we were discussing maybe volunteering to be zombies next year.

If you fancy having a go next year these are the guys we used Zombie Evacuation I'm pretty sure there are a few others around, so give it a go, great fun and a bit of exercise too.

No comments:

Post a Comment