Monday 3 March 2014

My Numbers Up


The Hastings Half is creeping up, and it wasn't until my race number was popped through the letter box that how close was really hammered home. Freaking out now!!! I have been going on a few more runs and extending my distance little by little, but I am nowhere near the 13.5 mile mark.

The 5 mile runs are becoming a bit more comfortable, and hills are less of a struggle but I am still really worried. I am just hoping that I manage to keep my pace and don't get carried away with all the other people there. I'm not good at judging my own pace all that well and find it very easy to get caught up in a crowd, so I must practice zoning out into my own little world.

Thankfully all the major hills are in the first 5 miles so if I can manage to get over them I should be ok (eek, fingers crossed). At least going up hills means that you must come down, hopefully gravity will get me some of the way round.

Have you ever signed up for something on a whim only to think that maybe you had been a little hasty. I mean breezing through a 5k run is not a good reference for a 13.5 mile run, especially as I made the mistake of driving the route the other day, it is a very long way.

Oh well, I guess if you don't challenge yourself how do you expect to move forward in life, who know I might actually enjoy it. Just hope I'll still be able to walk afterwards.

Right, best lace up my trainers and get out there. Need to stay focused, just need to be able to get to the finish line.


No comments:

Post a Comment