Monday 24 March 2014

Half Marathon Heartache



It was the Hastings Half Marathon yesterday, but I came to the difficult decision a couple of weeks ago that I wasn't ready, and in fact would probably end up doing myself some serious damage, if I tried. I can't say I wasn't disappointed, but at the same time as soon as I decided not to do it I felt as though a huge weight had been lifted. I hadn't realised how stressed I was getting about it, I know a lot of that was probably nerves, but deep down I also know that I had done nowhere near enough training. The final straw came when after a 3 mile, I was in so much pain with my hip that I couldn't sleep properly, (it's still not right now).

I think maybe I should stick to 5k-10k runs and keep that as my limit, I don't want to stop running but I really do need to work out what I was doing to make my hip hurt like that. 

Any ideas? Maybe some new sneaks are in order...

Congratulations to all those who did take part, I hope you all had a great day :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment