Wednesday 12 March 2014

Going Tonal



I'm so excited, I have just started an art journalling e-course found on A Beautiful Mess. It's full of 52 different challenges, with 52 suggestions of prompts to use and you just work your way through at your own pace. It's nice to do something creative again I used to do a lot of stuff when I was a teenager but over the years life has got in the way and I seem to have lost some of my creative flair. 

So far I have only done one challenge which was to go tonal, pick a colour just 1 and work with whatever you had in that colour. (I obviously picked orange). Now I can't say I'm overly chuffed with how it turned out, but it's a start, and do you know what, for the hour and a half that I was doing it I completely lost myself. The time flew by and when I had finished I felt quite content, it really was quite therapeutic. 

Whether I make it to the end or not remains to be seen, I don't seem to be very good at seeing things through. But I may share a few pages in the future if I'm particularly happy with them.

Are you like me in a bit of a creativity funk? Give the course a go it's good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment