Saturday 21 June 2014

Eels Live

Please excuse my terrible iPhone photos I did take a better camera but didn't realise the battery was flat grr.

Thursday we went to see the Eels at the De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill. It's relatively small venue but on the odd occasion they get some really good names.

First up was the support act, Daughters of Davis. These girls were actually quite surprising, they have a slight 40's sound.  Their in-between chatter fell a little flat sometimes but they were sweet, and they can certainly sing. Check them out if you get a chance, and maybe even buy them dinner to help on their tour.


Next up were the Eels. This is the first time I have seen them live and I can't believe it took me so long. They were a favourite of mine as a teenager, and I still have big love for E's voice. Most of the set was their newer stuff, there were a couple of the oldies thrown in for good measure, although played with a twist so barely recognisable.

        
You like the lining?

  
"this next song's a real bummer"


We were quite close to the front, and the lights kept coming up which strangely made it feel more intimate like the band could see you, so they really were playing for you. Didn't matter that I was there with a couple hundred other people.

The Chet on the sad machine :o(

The Chet on the keyboard with a staw thingy





Near the end of the gig E came off the stage for a hug and pretty much got bundled by the front few rows. I wasn't quick enough (sad face) but it was fun to see.


All in all I thoroughly enjoyed this gig and I can safely say I loved every second. Given the chance to see them live, I'm there. I am currently revisiting the back catalog on spotify. 

No comments:

Post a Comment