Thursday 13 February 2014

Practice Cupcakes


Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Just threw together some basic vanilla cupcakes they weren't really the important part. I just needed something to practise my newly learnt skills, and ideas on.

The flowers are maybe a little big for cupcakes, but I wasn't going to buy 2 different sized cutters just for practising.

It also gave me a chance to have a play with the colouring, surprising how little you need, I might have a bit more fun with it next time though and make the flowers a bit darker in the middle.

The top 2 cakes on the right were done utilising a lattice stamp that gives a quilted effect, you are meant to rock it around the side of a big cake, but it gives a rough idea of what it should look like.

Overall I'm pleased with how they came out and feel pretty confident that I'll be able to decorate the final wedding cake without it looking too, ''homemade''. Think a little more practise is in order, but at least I can make some tasty mistakes.

Do you think I'm mad trying to make and decorate my own wedding cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment