Friday 6 December 2013

Easy Yoghurt Cake



I wanted cake, so I made one. A yoghurt cake. I've never made one before so this was a little bit of an experiment. A French friend of mine used to make this cake when we worked together, she always said it was really easy so I thought I would give it a go. Turns out it is. 

You use 1 normal sized yoghurt, I used a Ski smooth in strawberry. I think you are meant to use Greek yoghurt, but I didn't have any, so I improvised. You then use this same pot to measure out some of the other ingredients. 3x plain flour, 2x sugar and 1x oil. 1tbsp baking powder, 1tsp vanilla essence, 10ml milk and 3x eggs. You can also add in a handful of nuts or whatever else if you want, I used some leftover almond flakes. That's it, mix it in a bowl, and bake in a tin at about 170 for 40 mins. Easy. 

You end up with a super quick, moist cake, with hardly any washing up. What more could you want? Give it a go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment