Monday 9 June 2014

Homemade Nakd Bars


This weekend I made some of these beauties for snack time at work.

 I keep reaching for the chocolate now I have a readily available vending machine and it has to stop. So apart from not taking money to work with me I had a go at making my own Nakd bars.


You would not believe how easy they were, I checked a few different recipes on line and it seems that providing you use equal amount dried fruit (mainly dates and sultanas) and nuts, you won't go far wrong. Chuck everything in a blender for a few minutes until everything is chopped up small and combined. Tip out and mould into whatever shape takes your fancy. Individually seal in cling film for freshness and you are done. Yum

So the yellow one is a version of pecan pie, the green one is choco mint, I used a mint options to flavour these, and choco orange with cocoa powder and the rind of an orange.

They all taste great, I might even go so far as to say they are tastier than Nakd bars, I guess because they are a little fresher?

Next time I might experiment with some flavours, maybe cocoa and cinnamon, ginger and lemon or even coffee I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment